Welcome to this article that will guide you through the process of making an obsidian generator. Obsidian is a valuable block that can only be obtained by mining it with a diamond pickaxe. However, you can save time and effort by creating an obsidian generator. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide, explanation, and some useful tips and tricks to help you make your own obsidian generator. Let’s get started!
Steps on How to Make Obsidian Generator
Step 1: Build a 4×3 base
The first step is to build a base for your obsidian generator. Dig a hole that is 4 blocks wide and 3 blocks deep. You can use any type of block to create the base, such as cobblestone, dirt, or sand.
Step 2: Place lava on the corners
Next, place lava on the four corners of the base. Make sure that the lava is one block higher than the base. You can use a bucket of lava to pour it on the corners.
Step 3: Place water on the sides
Place water on the sides of the base where there is no lava. The water will flow towards the center of the base and will meet the lava sources. When lava and water meet, it will create obsidian.
Step 4: Add a block on top of the water source
To prevent the water from flowing and ruining your obsidian generator, add a block on top of the water source. The block can be any non-transparent block, such as cobblestone, to cover the water.
Step 5: Dig a hole in the middle
Dig a hole in the middle of the base where the water and lava meet. Make sure that the hole is two blocks deep.
Step 6: Add hoppers and chests
Place two hoppers facing each other on opposite sides of the hole. Then, place two chests beside the hoppers to store the obsidian that will be generated.
Step 7: Add a block above the hoppers
Add a block above the hoppers to prevent the obsidian from flowing onto the hoppers. This block can be any non-transparent block, such as cobblestone.
Step 8: Cover the top with a roof
Cover the top of the obsidian generator with a roof to protect it from rain and other elements. The roof can be made of any material, such as wood, cobblestone, or glass.
Step 9: Activate the generator
To activate the obsidian generator, remove the block covering the water source. Water will flow towards the hole in the middle and meet the lava sources, creating obsidian. The obsidian will then fall into the hoppers and chests.
Step 10: Collect the obsidian
Now that your obsidian generator is working, collect the obsidian from the chests. You can use it to create tools, weapons, or even build structures.
Step 11: Replace the block
After collecting the obsidian, replace the block covering the water source to stop the flow of water and prevent the obsidian generator from generating more obsidian.
Step 12: Repeat the process
You can repeat the process of creating obsidian as many times as you want. Simply remove and replace the block covering the water source to start and stop the flow of water.
Explanation on How to Make Obsidian Generator
Creating an obsidian generator may seem complicated, but it’s actually quite simple. The process involves creating a base, placing lava on the corners, and water on the sides. When the lava and water meet, it creates obsidian.
To prevent the water from flowing and ruining your generator, you need to add a block on top of the water source. This block will keep the water in place and prevent it from flowing onto the lava.
The obsidian that is generated will fall into the hoppers and chests that you have placed beside the hole in the middle. You can collect the obsidian from the chest and use it for various purposes, such as creating tools or building structures.
Once you have collected the obsidian, you need to replace the block covering the water source to stop the flow of water. This will prevent the obsidian generator from generating more obsidian.
Tips and Tricks on How to Make Obsidian Generator
Here are some tips and tricks that will help you make an efficient obsidian generator:
Tip 1: Use a diamond pickaxe to mine the obsidian
Obsidian can only be mined with a diamond pickaxe. Make sure to have a diamond pickaxe to mine the obsidian that is generated from your obsidian generator.
Tip 2: Use a hopper minecart for automatic collection
You can use a hopper minecart to collect the obsidian automatically. Simply place the hopper minecart on the track beside the chests, and the obsidian will be collected into the minecart.
Tip 3: Make sure the lava is higher than the base
It is important to place the lava sources one block higher than the base to create obsidian. If the lava is at the same level as the base, it will not create obsidian.
Tip 4: Use transparent blocks for the roof
You can use glass or other transparent blocks for the roof of your obsidian generator. This will allow sunlight to enter and prevent mobs from spawning inside the obsidian generator.
Tip 5: Place your obsidian generator in a safe location
Obsidian generators can be dangerous due to the lava sources. Make sure to place your obsidian generator in a safe location, away from anything that can catch fire or be destroyed by lava.
Tip 6: Add redstone for automatic activation
If you want to automate the process of creating obsidian, you can add redstone to activate and deactivate the water flow. This will make the process easier and more efficient.
Tip 7: Have extra buckets of water and lava
It is always a good idea to have extra buckets of water and lava in case you make a mistake or need to adjust the lava and water flow in your obsidian generator.
Tip 8: Use cobblestone for your base
Cobblestone is a good choice for the base of your obsidian generator, as it is fire-resistant and will not be destroyed by lava. You can also use other non-flammable blocks, such as sand or dirt.
Tip 9: Add a button for manual activation
If you prefer to manually activate your obsidian generator, you can add a button that will activate the water flow. This will give you more control over the process and allow you to create obsidian whenever you want.
Tip 10: Experiment with different designs
There are many different designs for obsidian generators that you can experiment with. Try different designs and see which one works best for you. You can also customize your obsidian generator to fit your needs and preferences.
That’s it! We hope that this article has been helpful in guiding you through the process of making your own obsidian generator. With a little bit of effort and creativity, you can easily create a valuable source of obsidian that can save you time and effort. Happy crafting!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Creating an Obsidian Generator
1. Time-saving: Creating obsidian generator can save a lot of time instead of mining obsidian blocks manually, which can be really time-consuming.
2. Infinite supply: Once the obsidian generator is created, players can have an unlimited supply of obsidian without having to search for it in the game world.
3. Safe and efficient: Using obsidian generators can be considered safer than mining obsidian manually, particularly when it comes to dangerous areas like the nether. It is also more efficient because the player does not need to constantly move from one area to another to mine obsidian.
4. Access to other resources: Building an obsidian generator can help players access other resources that are only available in the nether, such as nether quartz and glowstone.
5. Better gameplay: With an unlimited supply of obsidian, players can focus on exploring and building in the game. Creating an obsidian generator can enhance gameplay and make the process more fun and adventurous.
1. Complex construction: Creating an obsidian generator can be complex and challenging, particularly for beginners. It requires specific knowledge and materials that may be hard to come by.
2. Not always practical: For players who do not need a large amount of obsidian, building a generator may not be practical or necessary. It can be time-consuming and a waste of resources to build something that will not be utilized.
3. Limited use: Obsidian generators can only be used in specific areas of the game, particularly in the nether dimension. It is not a universal tool that can be used in all parts of the game world.
4. Exploit: Some players may view using an obsidian generator as an exploit, taking away from the natural elements of the game and potentially ruining the gameplay for themselves and others.
5. Risk of destruction: Obsidian generators can be destroyed by other players or by enemies in the game world. This can be frustrating and time-consuming to repair or rebuild.
1. What is obsidian?
Obsidian is a type of volcanic glass that is created when lava cools rapidly.
2. What is an obsidian generator?
An obsidian generator is a mechanism used in Minecraft to create an endless supply of obsidian.
3. What materials do I need to make an obsidian generator?
You will need a bucket of water and a bucket of lava.
4. What is the best location to build an obsidian generator?
You should build your obsidian generator over a pool of lava.
5. How do I build an obsidian generator?
Place a block of water directly next to a block of lava and let the water flow over the lava until it turns into obsidian.
6. How much obsidian can I generate with an obsidian generator?
You can generate an infinite amount of obsidian with an obsidian generator.
7. Is it possible to automate an obsidian generator?
Yes, it is possible to automate an obsidian generator by using redstone and pistons.
8. How do I automate an obsidian generator?
You can use redstone and pistons to push the newly generated obsidian into a collection area.
9. Can I use an obsidian generator to create a nether portal?
Yes, you can use an obsidian generator to create a nether portal by placing the obsidian blocks in a specific formation.
10. How long does it take for the obsidian blocks to form?
It takes around 30 seconds for the obsidian blocks to form.
11. How many blocks of obsidian do I need to create a nether portal?
You will need 10 blocks of obsidian to create a nether portal.
12. Can I use an obsidian generator in multiplayer mode?
Yes, you can use an obsidian generator in multiplayer mode, but you should make sure that no one else is using it at the same time.
13. Are there any dangers associated with using an obsidian generator?
There are no significant dangers associated with using an obsidian generator. However, you should be careful not to fall into the lava pool.
Obsidian is a valuable block that is extremely useful in Minecraft. It can be used to make portals, enchantment tables, and many other things. However, getting a decent amount of obsidian can be a challenge. That’s where an obsidian generator comes in. In this article, we will show you how to make an obsidian generator in Minecraft.
First, you’ll need to gather the materials. You’ll need one bucket of water, one bucket of lava, and a few blocks to build the generator with. You can use any type of block, but we recommend using cobblestone or obsidian, as they are the most durable. Once you have all the materials, you can start building.
Next, you’ll need to build a 6×6 platform, with a 2×2 hole in the center. Place the lava in the center of the hole, and then place the water source block on one of the corners of the hole. The water will flow towards the lava, creating obsidian. This process can take some time, so be patient. Once the obsidian has formed, you can break it with a diamond pickaxe, and collect it.
Conclusion how to make obsidian generator
Overall, an obsidian generator is a great investment for any Minecraft player. It allows you to create obsidian quickly and easily, without the need for a ton of resources. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can create your very own obsidian generator and start enjoying all the benefits that come with it.
Closing how to make obsidian generator
Thank you for reading this article on how to make an obsidian generator in Minecraft. We hope you found it helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. We wish you the best of luck in all your Minecraft endeavors, and until next time, happy gaming!