Welcome to this article on how to make an enderchest in Minecraft! If you’re an avid Minecraft player, you know how important this block is for storing items and transporting them across different locations. In this article, we’ll go through 12 simple steps on how to make an enderchest, along with an explanation on how and why this works. We’ll also share some tips and tricks to help you optimize the use of this powerful block. Let’s dive in!
Steps how to make an Enderchest
Step 1: Collect resources
The first step in making an Enderchest is to gather the necessary resources. You will need 8 Obsidian blocks and 1 Eye of Ender. These resources can be easily obtained through mining or trading with villagers.
Step 2: Craft 4 Obsidian blocks
The next step is to craft 4 Obsidian blocks by placing them in a square shape in a crafting table.
Step 3: Create 2 Ender Pearl
Use an Eye of Ender to create 2 Ender pearls.
Step 4: Craft Ender Chest
Arrange the 4 Obsidian blocks and 4 Ender pearls in a chest-like shape in the crafting table to create an Ender chest.
Step 5: Place Ender Chest
Place the Ender Chest in a convenient location of your choice.
Step 6: Open Ender Chest
To open the Ender Chest, use the Interact button.
Step 7: Place items in Ender Chest
To place items in the Ender Chest, simply drag and drop them into the inventory slots.
Step 8: Close Ender Chest
To close the Ender Chest, use the Interact button again.
Step 9: Pick up Ender Chest
To pick up the Ender Chest, crouch and use the Interact button. The Ender Chest will be added to your inventory.
Step 10: Transport Ender Chest
You can now transport the Ender Chest to another location by placing it down and repeating Steps 6 to 9.
Step 11: Access your items from anywhere
The beauty of the Ender Chest is that you can access your items from anywhere in the world, as long as you have another Ender Chest to link to.
Step 12: Unlink your Ender Chest
If you want to unlink your Ender Chest, simply break one of the blocks connecting it to another Ender Chest.
Explanation how to make an Enderchest
The Ender Chest is a special type of chest that allows players to store items and access them from anywhere in the world. The reason for this is because every Ender Chest is linked to a unique set of player data. This means that when you drop an item into an Ender Chest, it will be transported to the same Ender Chest in any other location.
To make an Ender Chest, you need Obsidian and Ender pearls. Obsidian is a rare block that can be found in the Nether or by pouring water over lava. Ender pearls, on the other hand, can be obtained by killing Endermen or trading with villagers.
Once you have the necessary resources, you need to craft 4 Obsidian blocks and 2 Ender pearls in order to create the Ender Chest. Once placed, the Ender Chest can be accessed by any player using the Interact button. Simply place your items in the inventory slots and close the Ender Chest to keep them safe.
Tips and Tricks how to make an Enderchest
Tip 1: Place Ender Chest in a secure location
Make sure to place your Ender Chest in a secure location, as other players can access it just like you can. Consider placing it in a hidden underground bunker or behind a locked door.
Tip 2: Label your Ender Chests
If you have multiple Ender Chests, consider labeling them with signs to avoid confusion. For example, you could have one Ender Chest for tools and another for building materials.
Tip 3: Use Ender Chests to transport items between different bases
If you have multiple bases in different locations, use Ender Chests to transport items between them easily. Simply place an Ender Chest in each base and link them together. This way, you can access your items from anywhere.
Tip 4: Keep a spare Ender Chest in your inventory
Always keep a spare Ender Chest in your inventory in case you need to create a new link or move your Ender Chest to a different location.
Tip 5: Use Ender Chests to share items with teammates
If you’re playing with a team, consider using Ender Chests to share items between teammates. This is a great way to pool resources and ensure everyone has access to what they need.
Tip 6: Ender Chests can be used in mini-games
If you’re playing a mini-game like Hunger Games or Capture the Flag, consider using Ender Chests to store items. This way, you can keep your items safe even if you die.
Tip 7: Store valuables in Ender Chests in case of raids
If you’re worried about other players raiding your base, consider storing your valuable items in an Ender Chest. This way, they will be safe even if your base is destroyed.
Tip 8: Use Ender Chests to store enchanted items
Enchanted items can be difficult to acquire, so it’s important to keep them safe. Consider storing them in an Ender Chest so that they are accessible from anywhere.
Tip 9: Use Ender Chests in Adventure Maps
If you’re playing an Adventure Map, consider using Ender Chests to store key items that you will need later on. This way, you can access them when you need them without having to backtrack.
Tip 10: Use Ender Chests during long trips
If you’re going on a long trip, consider bringing an Ender Chest with you. This way, you can store items like food and tools and access them easily no matter where you are.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Making an Enderchest
An enderchest is a useful item in Minecraft that allows you to access your inventory from anywhere in the game, but there are also drawbacks to using this item. In this article, we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of making an enderchest.
- Convenient Inventory Access: With an enderchest, you don’t have to travel back to your home base or crafting table to access your inventory. You can access it from anywhere in the game.
- Storage Space: Enderchests have 27 slots of storage, providing ample space for items you may need while adventuring.
- Secure Storage: Enderchests are private and can only be accessed by the player who placed them. This ensures the safety of your valuable items.
- Persistent Storage: Enderchests retain their contents, even if they are destroyed. This means you won’t lose your valuable items if your base is under attack.
- Aesthetic Benefits: Enderchests have a unique appearance and can be used to add visual interest to your base or builds.
- Portable: Enderchests can be picked up and moved to a new location if you need to relocate your base.
- Multipurpose: Enderchests can be used for a variety of tasks, including transporting items between different bases or storing emergency supplies.
- Compatible with Hoppers: Enderchests can be used in conjunction with hoppers to create automatic item sorting systems or to transport items across long distances.
- Convenient for Multiplayer: Enderchests can be accessed by multiple players on a multiplayer server, allowing for easy item sharing and storage.
- Faster Inventory Management: Enderchests can be used to quickly and efficiently organize your inventory, freeing up your time for other tasks.
- Crafting Requirements: Enderchests require eight obsidian and one eye of ender to craft, making them difficult to obtain in the early game.
- Limited Storage: Enderchests have only 27 slots of storage, which may not be enough for some players.
- Expensive to Duplicate: Enderchests cannot be duplicated in survival mode and must be crafted each time you need a new one.
- Subject to Theft: While enderchests are private, they can be broken and stolen by other players or mobs.
- Can be Misplaced: Enderchests may be accidentally misplaced, leading to the loss of valuable items.
- Requires Careful Placement: Enderchests must be placed correctly in order to be accessed. If placed incorrectly, players may not be able to access their inventory.
- Not Immune to Explosions: Enderchests can be destroyed by explosions, making them vulnerable to griefers or accidental damage.
- Can be Confusing: Enderchests may be confusing for new players who are not familiar with their function and how to use them.
- Requires End Access: In order to obtain an enderchest in survival mode, players must first defeat the Ender Dragon and enter the end dimension.
- May Slow Down Gameplay: Enderchests may encourage players to spend more time on inventory management, slowing down gameplay and exploration.
In conclusion, enderchests are a useful item in Minecraft that provide convenient inventory access and secure storage. However, they also have limitations and drawbacks that may not be suitable for every player or situation.
FAQ – How to Make an Ender Chest
1. What is an Ender Chest?
An Ender Chest is a block that allows the storage of items across dimensions in Minecraft. This means you can access the items stored in an Ender Chest from anywhere in the game.
2. What materials do I need to make an Ender Chest?
You need 8 Obsidian blocks and 1 Eye of Ender to make an Ender Chest.
3. Where do I find Obsidian?
Obsidian can be found naturally in the game by mining lava with a Diamond Pickaxe. You can also make Obsidian by placing water on top of lava.
4. How do I get an Eye of Ender?
An Eye of Ender can be crafted using Blaze Powder and an Ender Pearl.
5. How do I use my Ender Chest?
To use your Ender Chest, simply right-click on it. This will bring up a separate inventory for that specific Ender Chest.
6. Can I make multiple Ender Chests?
Yes, you can make as many Ender Chests as you want.
7. Can I access my Ender Chest from someone else’s game?
No, each player’s Ender Chest is separate and cannot be accessed by other players.
8. Can I color code my Ender Chest?
Yes, you can use dyes to color code your Ender Chest so you can easily differentiate between them.
9. Can I place my Ender Chest anywhere in the game?
Yes, you can place your Ender Chest anywhere in the game as long as there is enough space for it.
10. Can mobs access the items in my Ender Chest?
No, mobs cannot access the items in your Ender Chest.
11. Can I transport my Ender Chest to a different dimension?
Yes, you can transport your Ender Chest to a different dimension and still access the items stored in it.
12. Can I add a lock to my Ender Chest?
No, you cannot add a lock to your Ender Chest.
13. Can I destroy my Ender Chest and still keep the items stored in it?
No, destroying an Ender Chest will destroy the items stored in it as well.
Conclusion: How to Make an Enderchest
In conclusion, crafting an enderchest in Minecraft can be a bit challenging, but it’s definitely worth it. It provides a convenient way to store items and access them from anywhere. To craft an enderchest, you need to gather an eye of ender and obsidian blocks. You then need to create the enderchest by placing the obsidian blocks in a specific pattern and then adding the eye of ender as a key. Once you have the enderchest, you can carry it with you and access its contents from anywhere in the world.
It’s important to keep in mind that enderchests are not infinite in storage, so make sure to use them wisely. They also can’t be transported by pistons, so be cautious when using them in automated systems.
Overall, the enderchest is a valuable addition to any Minecraft player’s inventory. It provides a unique and convenient storage solution that allows you to access your items from anywhere. So, go ahead and craft your own enderchest today and experience the convenience for yourself!
Closing: How to Make an Enderchest
Thank you for taking the time to learn how to make an enderchest in Minecraft. We hope this guide was helpful and informative. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below.
Remember, crafting an enderchest requires patience and dedication, but the end result is well worth it. With an enderchest by your side, you’ll never have to worry about losing your items or running out of inventory space again. So, gather your resources, follow the crafting recipe, and enjoy the convenience of your very own enderchest.
Until next time, happy crafting!