Greetings, fellow alchemists! Have you ever found yourself in need of an awkward potion but don’t know how to make one? Fear not! In this guide, we will be exploring the steps, explanation, and tips on how to make a perfect awkward potion. Whether you’re looking to make someone feel uneasy or just experimenting with potion-making, this guide is for you. So, grab your ingredients and let’s get started!
Steps how to make a awkward potion
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients
The first step in making an awkward potion is to gather all the necessary ingredients. You will need nether wart, spider eye, and a water bottle. Make sure to have these items on hand before starting the brewing process. You can find nether wart in the soul sand valleys in the nether and spider eyes from killing spiders. You may also buy these ingredients from wandering tradesman or various villager professions.
Step 2: Prepare the Brewing Stand
Next, you will need to prepare the brewing stand. Place the brewing stand on a flat surface and right-click on it to open the brewing interface. The brewing stand allows you to mix different ingredients to create different types of potions.
Step 3: Add the Nether Wart
Now, place the nether wart in the top slot of the brewing stand interface. This ingredient will create the base for the awkward potion.
Step 4: Add the Water Bottle
Next, add the water bottle to the bottom slot of the brewing stand interface. This will mix with the nether wart and create an awkward potion base.
Step 5: Wait for the Brewing Process to Finish
Wait for the brewing process to finish. You will know it’s done when the glass bottle at the end of the brewing stand is filled with an awkward potion. This process takes about 20 seconds.
Step 6: Add the Spider Eye
After the awkward potion base has been created, it’s time to add the spider eye to create the awkward potion. Place the spider eye in the top slot of the brewing stand. This will mix with the awkward potion base and create the awkward potion.
Step 7: Wait for the Brewing Process to Finish
Again, wait for the brewing process to finish. You will know it’s complete when the glass bottle at the end of the brewing stand is filled with an awkward potion.
Step 8: Collect the Awkward Potion
Once the brewing process is completed, use an empty glass bottle to collect the awkward potion.
Step 9: Label the Potion
It’s always helpful to label your potions to avoid confusion. Use a piece of paper and combine it with the awkward potion to create a labeled awkward potion.
Step 10: Store the Potion
Store the awkward potion in a chest or your inventory until you’re ready to use it.
Step 11: Use the Potion
When you’re ready to use the awkward potion, throw it at your target or drink it yourself. This will create a temporary effect of nausea, causing your screen to become distorted. Keep in mind that the effect is not permanent and will wear off after a few seconds.
Step 12: Experiment with Other Ingredients
Once you’ve mastered the art of making awkward potions, feel free to experiment with other ingredients and create even more unique potions.
Explanation how to make a awkward potion
Now that we’ve gone through the steps on how to make an awkward potion, let’s dive deeper into the explanation behind the process. The nether wart acts as the base ingredient for the potion, creating an awkward potion base. This is why the nether wart is added first to the brewing stand.
The next ingredient, the water bottle, acts as a diluting agent for the nether wart. It’s important to remember to add the water bottle after the nether wart to ensure that the brewing process works effectively.
Finally, the spider eye is added to the potion, creating the awkward potion we all know and love. The spider eye is crucial in creating the nausea effect that the awkward potion provides.
It’s important to note that the effect of an awkward potion can be enhanced or altered by adding other ingredients to the potion. For example, a fermented spider eye will change the awkward potion into a potion of weakness. This is where experimentation and creativity come in, allowing you to create a wide variety of potions.
Tips and Tricks how to make a awkward potion
1. Always label your potions to avoid confusion.
2. If you’re having trouble finding the necessary ingredients, try trading with villagers or exploring the nether.
3. Brewing stands can be crafted using 3 cobblestone and a blaze rod.
4. For a longer-lasting effect, add redstone dust to the potion while brewing.
5. Glowstone dust will make the effects of the potion stronger and last for a shorter amount of time.
6. Dragon’s breath can be added to extend the splash radius.
7. To create a lingering awkward potion, add dragon’s breath to the base potion before adding the spider eye.
8. Keep a variety of potions on hand for any situation.
9. Use a water source block to fill your water bottles, as ocean water or rainwater will not work.
10. Have fun and don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients and combinations!
Congratulations, you have completed the guide on how to make a perfect awkward potion. With these steps, explanation, and tips, you can now create a wide range of unique potions to suit your alchemical needs. Keep exploring, keep experimenting, and most importantly, have fun!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Making an Awkward Potion
An awkward potion is one of the simplest potions to make in Minecraft. However, before you start brewing, it’s important to consider the advantages and disadvantages of making this potion. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Easy to make – With only one ingredient (a water bottle) and one base ingredient (nether wart), an awkward potion is relatively easy to make compared to other potions.
- Can be used as a base – An awkward potion is a necessary ingredient in several other potion recipes. By making an awkward potion, you’ve taken a step towards making many other potions.
- Needed for some achievements – If you’re trying to complete all the Minecraft achievements, making an awkward potion is necessary for the “Local Brewery” achievement.
- Increases experience – Brewing a potion gives you experience points, which can be helpful for leveling up your character.
- Can be modified – An awkward potion can be modified using other ingredients to make many different potions with unique effects.
- Useful for crafting mundane potions – Mundane potions are base potions that can be used to make many other potions. An awkward potion is a required ingredient for making a mundane potion.
- Useful in combat – While an awkward potion doesn’t have any noticeable effects on its own, it can be used to create many powerful potions that can be very useful in combat.
- Gives an introduction to brewing – Making an awkward potion is a great way to learn the basics of brewing in Minecraft.
- Low cost – In terms of resources, making an awkward potion is relatively low cost compared to other potions.
- Efficient use of inventory space – Brewing a stack of awkward potions takes up only one inventory space, making them easy to carry around.
- No effects on its own – An awkward potion doesn’t have any noticeable effects on its own, making it somewhat ineffective on its own.
- Can be time-consuming – Brewing potions can be a time-consuming process and may require multiple trips to gather ingredients or resources.
- Uses a blaze rod – In order to power your brewing stand, you’ll need blaze rods, which can be difficult to find and require some effort to obtain.
- Requires access to the Nether – To obtain nether wart, you’ll need access to the Nether dimension, which can be a challenge for new players.
- Can be challenging to obtain ingredients – While an awkward potion is relatively easy to make, obtaining nether wart and blaze rods can sometimes be a challenge, especially for new players.
- Requires a brewing stand – To make any potions, you’ll need a brewing stand, which requires some resources to make and may not be readily available to new players.
- Can be confusing – Brewing in Minecraft can be a bit confusing at first, especially if you’re new to the game or haven’t brewed before.
- Potions may not be useful – Depending on your play style, some potions may not be very useful, making the effort to make them somewhat wasteful.
- No way to extend duration – Unlike many potions, there is no way to extend the duration of an awkward potion, making them somewhat limited in their effectiveness.
- No way to increase potency – An awkward potion cannot be made more potent, meaning that the effects of the potion are limited to what’s provided by the recipe.
Overall, making an awkward potion has its advantages and disadvantages. While it’s a relatively easy potion to make, it also requires some effort and may not provide significant benefits on its own. However, its usefulness increases when combined with other ingredients to create more complex potions with unique effects.
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Awkward Potion
1. What is an awkward potion?
An awkward potion is a base potion in Minecraft that is used to brew other potions.
2. What are the ingredients needed to make an awkward potion?
You will need water bottles and nether wart to make an awkward potion.
3. How do I obtain nether wart?
Nether wart can be found in Nether fortresses or can be grown on soul sand in the Nether.
4. What is the brewing stand?
The brewing stand is a block used for brewing potions, and can be crafted with a blaze rod and three cobblestones.
5. How do I start brewing?
To start brewing, place the brewing stand and fill three water bottles in it. Then, add one nether wart to the top slot of the brewing stand.
6. How long does it take to brew an awkward potion?
An awkward potion takes around 20 seconds to brew.
7. How many awkward potions can I make with one nether wart?
You can make three awkward potions with one nether wart.
8. What is the use of an awkward potion?
An awkward potion serves as a base for other potions, and can be used to brew potions with different effects.
9. Can I add more than one nether wart to the brewing stand?
No, you can only add one nether wart to the brewing stand at a time.
10. What happens if I add more than three water bottles?
If you add more than three water bottles, only the first three will be filled with the awkward potion.
11. What happens if I add other ingredients to the awkward potion?
Adding other ingredients to the awkward potion can create different types of potions with various effects.
12. Can I brew potions without a brewing stand?
No, you cannot brew potions without a brewing stand.
13. What are some potions that can be brewed using an awkward potion?
Potions such as Potion of Healing, Potion of Swiftness, and Potion of Invisibility can be brewed using an awkward potion.
In conclusion, making an awkward potion may seem like a daunting task, but with the right ingredients and equipment, it can be quite simple. Remember to always follow the recipe closely and be cautious when handling dangerous ingredients such as spider eyes and nether wart. With practice, you’ll be brewing potions like a pro in no time.
In closing, we hope this guide has been helpful in teaching you how to make an awkward potion. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients and enjoy the magical benefits of your potion-making skills. Happy brewing!